MCS is hugely fortunate to benefit from a close-knit school community made up of current pupils and parents as well as Old Waynfletes, former parents and friends – all of whom are so generous with their time and expertise. Information about all of the communities at MCS and how to contact various people can be found here.
On joining the school all pupils are invited to become members of the Old Waynfletes’ Club – an ever growing group of former MCS pupils, with an elected committee. One of the goals of the OW Club is to foster links amongst its members, and OWs meet for events throughout the year, the high point being the annual black tie dinner. Recent leavers are invited back for a ‘Young OW’ lunch in September before they head off to university. Those who left more than 40 years ago come back for a Veteran OW lunch in November. There are numerous other opportunities to visit and reconnect with old friends and teachers throughout the course of the year.
Support for the OW Club is provided by the Development Office, which aims to keep OWs informed of news from MCS and services available to them. These services include:
- An annual OW magazine – The Bridge – with news and stories about fellow OWs and MCS both today and in years gone by. Don’t forget to send us your own news.
- Information on this website, with News, information about Events and ways to support MCS.
- Regular e-newsletters, with updates on various activities and events held throughout the year ranging from the Arts Festival, Commemoration, Madrigals and the OW Dinner to sports activities and musical performances.
- Help from the MCS Development Office regarding old pupils and getting back in touch with lost friends.
- Help and careers networking opportunities via the Development Office.
We offer similar links for parents of OWs who would like to remain in touch with the school. All former parents are eligible to become Friends of MCS, and will receive emails with latest news and information about a range of events at the school, including concerts, plays, talks and the Arts Festival, as well as a digital copy of the annual Bridge magazine.
We hope very much that many of you will keep in touch. We are always delighted to welcome OWs and Friends back to MCS. Do contact the Development Office if you are planning a trip to Oxford and would like to visit the school.
Click here to join Old Waynfletes